Thursday, February 3, 2011

NOTW

Hey everyone! So I'm trying to get better at doing my nails, trying different designs and patterns, colors etc so I figured I might as well do a Nail of the Week (NOTW) with photos of what I've done for the week.

I recently went into Pharmaprix and they had a whole bunch of nail polishes on sale and on liquidation. Of course, for the price I had to pick up a few haha! I'm obsessed with OPI, whether it's the Nicole, Sephora or regular brand.

During my hunt, I found a cute mini set of reds, I'm guessing it's a holiday set or something because it was originally 12.99$ and I bought it for 4$. That's cheap for 3 Nicole by OPI minis! As well, I also found this weird kind of grey that's supposed to be matte with small glitter. Which for this I don't understand, what's the point of a matte polish if it has glitter in it, doesn't that defeat the purpose? Anyways, the color was cute and it was on liquidation for 5$ instead of 11.99$ so I swiped that too!
Lastly, they weren't on liquidation but my mom had asked me to find her cute neutral colors that were on sale, and low and behold, Rimmel was on sale for like 3$ off. I paid 3.99$ for each of the polishes, but can't remember how much they originally cost. It was a good deal none the less!

So I bought 3 Rimmel polishes, a neutral white/pink (From their manicure collection and can't remember the name), a reddish brown one called Hot Cocoa and a purple/brown color called Steel Grey. I thought they were all super cute and in the end my mom only wanted the pink one so I kept the other two.

Right now I have a mix of Essie's Turquoise and Caicos and Sephora by OPI's Only Gold For Me. It's cute and glittery and festive enough for me to celebrate my birthday this weekend up north! Sorry that the picture is a bit blurry :/ My camera decided it didn't want to be nice tonight!
What are you guys wearing on your nails now? And any good tips on how I can go about stopping biting my nails? It's mostly derived from boredom or when I'm nervous. And I know I shouldn't do it...but I still do and my fingers pay the price for it....ouch!

No comments: