Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hautelook Stila Haul

Hey everyone! I have another haul yay! Hautelook had Stila Cosmetics on sale a few weeks ago and I couldn't contain myself so I purchased a few things! I bought the backstage eye shadow palette, lip glaze color set, a cheek color, a mineral matte eye shadow, and the biggest of them all, the color wheel eye shadow palette.

After buying the Valentine's Make Me Up set by Stila, I was really loving the two lip glazes that it included. When this lip glaze set was available on Hautelook I decided to purchase it. It came with an array of 7 different colors. Including neutrals, pinks, purples, reds and even a bronze color. The colors included kitten, seashell, blush, guava, majesty, merry merry, grapefruit and apricot. Seashell, blush, majesty and merry merry are limited edition shades and I'm not sure if you can buy them separately or only in this set.

I really love the texture of these lip glazes and their colors. The color is really pretty and the glaze itself doesn't make my lips super sticky. Another pro is that I don't need to apply a lip balm before applying the lip glaze to try and avoid getting that sticky tacky feeling. It's wonderful haha!

Aside from the lip glazes, I bought a cheek color in Clay. It's a really nice pink with touches of brown. Off the top of my head it's similar to NARS Dolce Vita but lighter and with more brown undertones. I find it's great for an everyday cheek that gives me a pop of color without being too much. Perfect for office wear and more!

I love to apply this blush with either my large angle contour brush by Sigma (F4) or my kabuki brush by Bare Escentuals! I think this is going to be my new go to blush since the one I bought from the v-day kit had a little accident!


The eye shadow that I purchased is called Tolima. I believe I have found the perfect brown eyeshadow for my crease when I do my neutral looks. It compliments my skin color, isn't too dark or too light and has a really nice texture when applied. Another plus is that it's a mineral eye shadow and it's matte. I'm not always a fan of having glitter in my eye shadows. If I want some then I will add some!

But yeah, I'm really loving this color and how it compliments not only my skin tone but my eye color as well. I switch between using a blending brush and an angled shadow brush (The E25 and E70 from Sigma)

The Backstage eye shadow palette consists of six different shadows and it comes in really cute packaging. It's similar to how my friends and I used to fold notes to each other before passing them around in class! On top of that, the design on the packaging is really cute too! And I love how it's cardboard so that if I don't keep it it can be recycled! So smart!

The six colors included in the palette are chiffon, flamingo, pacific, luster, poetic and coal. I think this palette is really great to carry around in my purse because of it's size, and with the variety of complimenting colors it's great for on the go. I can create day time and night time looks easily! The shadows are very pigmented with a hint of micro glitter mixed in. It's a subtle glimmer for when the light catches your eye, making them really pretty!

Last but not least is the Color Wheel eye shadow palette! It comes with 37 eye shadows and 2 double-ended brushes for application. Inside of the box includes a built in mirror, a 16-page lookbook with model shots and how-to's. I like the idea of the color wheel because it helps to figure out what's a good complimentary color and what's a good contrast color. We use this method in design and I think it's amazing that Stila is helping makeup lovers from beginners to masters create looks that are as easy as 1-2-3! The shades are numbered so that when looking through the how-to's it takes the guess work out of which shade to use. And they also follow in order of color range.

The shades included in the amazing set are peach, burnt sienna, brick red, light orange, copper, sepia, gold, tan, antique gold, light olive, dark olive, mint, teal, gunmetal, light blue, turquoise, midnight blue, sky blue, periwinkle, cobalt, light violet, violet, purple, white, lavender, eggplant, light pink, pink, fuchsia, pale pink, dusty rose, aubergine, nude, mauve, brown and black. Now that's a lot of colors to mix and match!

No comments: