Monday, March 14, 2011

Sigma Beauty Haul

Hey everyone! So I recently purchased two items from Sigma Beauty. I purchased the MAXbag in Violet and the Miss Taylor Flat Top Kabuki.

Now I know that the MAXbag is supposed to be large, but I didn't know how big until I received it in the mail and OMG it's HUGE!!! It's 14 ¼ inches in length and 11 inches in height.

Sigma's description is the following: Introducing the new Sigma Beauty MAXBag! The MAXBag was especially designed to fit your entire makeup collection. It can even fit our full size complete kit with brush roll! Never leave your favorite products behind. Carry all of your beauty essentials wherever you go!



I still have yet to test it's full capacity but lets just say that I can easily put in all of my brushes, my larger palettes, skin care, face products and more! It's more like a purse than a makeup bag haha!

I really love the detailing on this bag too. It has a pillow type embossed effect and I love the shimmery purple color too! If you're looking for an ideal makeup bag for travelling then this one is perfect, and for only 20$ it's a steal! My mini ones for carrying a few things in my purse were almost 10$ so to get something even bigger that will fit basically EVERYTHING, that's just fantastic and worthwhile in my opinion. It makes for a great investment since I'm travelling more now and because I'm a pack rat. I end up packing way more than I should only because I'm afraid I'll need something and not have it...my idea is it's better to be safe than sorry; with that...everything and I mean everything (blushes, powders, liners, creams, shadows, palettes, brushes etc) come with. It turns into quite a process when I bring more cosmetics than clothes with me!

My other little investment was a retractable flat top kabuki. I was hesitant in buying it because I didn't know if I wanted a regular one or the flat top. Though the incentive for buying the regular one was because it was on sale at the time, I ended up caving in and buying the flat top because of the purple color. And yes, I know, it might not be the best and most practical way of choosing things, but even though the other one was on sale, I would prefer having the purple kabuki to match my purple brush set. Red wouldn't have matched so well!

Sigma's description for this little beauty is the following: Get some Hollywood Glamour! The Sigma Makeup retractable flat top kabuki is the easiest way to apply powder products such as blush, bronzer, foundation, and highlighter on-the-go. Practical and classy, the Hollywood Glamour collection is a must! Featuring the SigMax fiber for high definition application. 

Well after getting this little kabuki in the mail, I was amazed with how soft this brush was! The packaging is really cute with the metallic purple casing and I really like how well made Sigma products are. There were no fallouts for the bristles, it came with care and cleaning instructions, was double wrapped for protection and more.

I believe I have yet to be disappointed with a purchase I've made from Sigma Beauty. They go above and beyond my expectations and I'm really loving them! Next purchase will be one of the traveling kits! I need something cute for my trip to Alberta this summer!

Anyways, back to the kabuki haha! It's a lovely little brush that's super soft to the touch and blends seamlessly. I used it for the first time at the office one night when getting ready to head out to the movies. Using it to apply mattifying powder, bronzer and blush I was amazed how all three applied. If one of them goes on sale again I believe I will be buying a second one so that I can always have one at home and to keep the other in my purse. It's an ideal size to carry around and what I love most about it is that it can be used for more than one thing. Although a neat trick is to also apply your powder to the brush, close it and apply it when needed. Great for on the go!

Let me know if you already own one of these or another type of kabuki brush! What do you use it for and is it a flat top?

No comments: