Sunday, December 18, 2011

Glymm - December Box

Hey everyone! So I recently subscribed to glymm.com to receive their monthly boxes and I just got my first box in the mail the other day.

For those that are new to Glymm or any other services just like them, what they do is send out boxes with deluxe (and sometimes full sized) products for a low monthly fee. The products change from month to month and you can get anything from perfumes to lip glosses and even nail polishes.

Glymm is a monthly fee of 10$ but what I liked about them over Luxe box which my sister is currently subscribed to is that the products are more beauty related, you can buy the products found in your box on their website and you can collect points. With every purchase made or friend referral you gain points that can then be put towards purchases. Just for subscribing for a year's worth of boxes (12 boxes, one for each month) I received 100 points which is redeemable for 10$. Interested in getting your own Glymm box? Then check our their website here.

When I got my Glymm box in the mail my first impression was wow because of the pink shipping box. It's the same shade as the box inside containing the products! And it's such a cute baby pink! Inside, everything was nicely wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon and the products were cozily resting on a blanket of paper shreds (That look like they've been crinkled).

The deluxe samples included in the December box were a Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream, Ahava Mineral Hand Cream, Yves Saint Laurent La Parisienne perfume, Sula Beauty natural lip gloss, Lise Watier flash lift radiance vial and a special 10$ gift card from Glymm.

Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream
The Caudalie eye cream is an anti-aging product that's supposed to help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. I have yet to try it, but I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Caudalie products (My sister loved one of their lip balms...the product was pricey but the quality was amazing!)

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
The mineral hand cream has become my new favorite hand cream of all times! First off...the floral scent is amazing and as creepy as it sounds I can't stop smelling my hands after applying it! I'm not one to usually go for floral products but this one I can't stop sniffing. It's not too over powering but it's still bam in your face! What's unique about it is that it's made with nourishing Dead Sea minerals. When applied it leaves an almost velvety smoothness to your hands and I can't get over the texture either...it's turning out to be an amazing find for this winter weather! Dry hands be gone!

Yves Saint Laurent La Parisienne
I'm not too crazy about the Yves Saint Laurent perfume. It's a nice scent but it's just not for me. It smells more like something I would associate with my mother or even my grandmother. I don't want to out right say an old ladyish smell...well I guess I just did...but then it smells pretty good too. I prefer my Chanel one! On a side note the packaging is really cute! Though I thought it was stupid how the cap comes off. It needs a bit of force to take the top off but if you do it on an angle or too much...you end up spilling the perfume. And that's not something I want to go all over the place!

Sula Beauty Lip Gloss
The Sula Beauty lip gloss comes in a really cute pink shade. I was thrown a bit by the scent of it when I first opened it. It wasn't all that pleasant, it smells like plastic and those really sweet strawberry candies (the hard ones wrapped in the red and green wrapper made to look like a real strawberry). The gloss itself applies nicely, isn't too sticky of a formula and the color is pretty cute, if not a bit too sheer for my liking. Though that might just be me being biased comparing it to my Stila lip glazes... This product was sent as the full sized version which is pretty cool. Receiving full sized products is always a nice little treat!

Lise Watier Flash Lift Radiance Vial
I think the Lise Watier flash lift radiance vial was a thrown in sample since it wasn't included on the little card that's provided in the Glymm box describing each product. It seems to be another anti-aging product...which I'm not sure if I should take offense that I received it or not. I'm not currently using any anti-aging products nor am I even looking into using any in the near future. I think I'll use my mother as a guinea pig and see if she liked the product. Maybe even give her the Caudalie sample as well...hmmm...stock stuffers perhaps?

No comments: