Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Annabelle Cosmetics TwistUp Retractable Lipstick Crayon - Glamourous Reds

Hey everyone! Here's another collection from Annabelle Cosmetics twistups. This collections features the glamourous red shades that vary from a sheer red tint to a pure, intense red.

I love all of these shades, and that's saying a lot because I have issues in finding the right shade of red. Some are too blue while others are too warm. My favourite of all though is Red Carpet which is a pure red. It's shocking and makes for an amazing bold lip color. If you're looking into channeling your inner Marilyn Monroe you can try the shade called Monroe. It's a really nice pigmented red, but it's not as intense as Red Carpet. On my lips it seems to be a warmer shade with a hint of orange/coral.

Flirtini is a cute lip color that I can see myself wearing to the office or as an everyday color because while it's pigmented, it's not a bold statement. It makes for a nice pairing with a simple look (Think of a "I'm wearing makeup so it looks like I'm wearing no makeup" looks).

Last but not least is Mai Tai which is a cute red with a hint of orange making it a nice warm lip color. This would be another shade that's perfect for everyday wear. It's a nice pop of color without being too bold and in your face.

Here are swatches taken on my arm in order from to bottom: Mai Tai, Monroe, Red Carpet and Flirtini



Here are swatches taken on my arm in order from to bottom: Mai Tai, Monroe, Red Carpet and Flirtini









No comments: